The Stella Alpina is held over three exciting days behind the wheel, driving along some of the most picturesque itineraries in the Dolomites, a UNESCO world heritage site.
The programme is based in Moena, a charming town in the Alps known as the “enchantress of the Dolomites”, after setting off and subsequently returning to Trento, following a route that winds its way through the mountains. A journey taking the crews almost close enough to touch the sky, as they negotiate some of the most exhilarating mountain passes in the Alps and enjoy the combination of marvellous views, fabulous roads with tricky climbs and challenging hairpin bends, impeccable hospitality in Moena’s best hotels, high altitude lunches and dinners.
The race will actually get off to a start after the checks on Friday afternoon, when the crews will race against one another as they drive out of Trento’s city centre and follow the route to gorgeous Val di Fassa, and the town of Moena at its heart.
On Saturday, the race will have a spectacular backdrop as the crews drive along some of the most stunning roads in the Dolomites and crossing seven Alpine passes.
On Sunday, the crews will drive through Val di Fiemme and down the roads in Trentino to Trento, where they will all be invited to lunch and the awards ceremony held at Cantine Ferrari.
These are the ingredients for what will undoubtedly be a very special rally, handled with care by Scuderia Trentina with the support of the Canossa Events Team.
The Stella Alpina is part of the new “SuperClassiche” Italian Trophy, promoted by ACI Sport and assigned to just 7 of the top rallies in Italy.
It is a “classic regularity” rally, covering a route of about 500 km, including 99 enjoyable yet challenging timed trials, and 6 average speed trials. Tough driving, where the timing is down to hundredths of a second, but without over-challenging routes to respect older vehicles that can be tricky to manoeuvre and accommodate those competing with a trusty old mechanical chronometer.
Documents required: both driver and navigator must produce their driving licence. Italian crews must present their regularity sports licence issued by ACI, their ACI membership card, and a current doctor’s certificate showing they are fit to take part in non-competitor sports.
Crews from abroad must present their international FIA sports license or a temporary licence, if requested.
Time measuring devices: participating crews may use chronometers with no restriction.
Admitted vehicles: a maximum of 80 vehicles built on or before 31 December 1971 will be admitted provided they can present one of the following current sports documents:
- ACI card – Regolarità Auto Storiche;
- HTP FIA (Historic Technical Passport FIA);
- HTP ACI (Historic Technical Passport ACI);
- Certificate of Entry in the “Registro Club Aci Storico”;
- ASI certificate of approval or identity;
- Certificate of Entry in the “Registro Storico Nazionale AAVS”;
- FIA classic car pass;
- FIVA identity card.
Vehicles entered by foreign crews who are unable to present the above documents, may be admitted by presenting a statement of conformity to sports regulations issued by the crew to Scuderia Trentina and countersigned by the latter.
The Organizing Committee reserves the right to admit or refuse any vehicle. In case of refusal, the vehicle in question may be replaced with another or the application fee will be refunded in full.
Coefficients: reassessment coefficients will be used to draw up the rankings, namely 1 for the build year of the vehicle.
Homage to the Prancing Horse
After last year’s success, a Ranking will be drawn up for modern Ferrari vehicles in honour of the Prancing Horse; these vehicles will compete along the same route and same timed trials. The Stella Alpina is valid for the Regularity Trophy awarded by Ferrari Club Italia.
Taking part in the Stella Alpina is also about relaxing and being finally able to focus on enjoying your driving: we’ll take care of all the rest!
The following services are included in the entry fee:
- Luggage service: there is often too little space for luggage in classic cars and so the organisers will transport your luggage for you during the rally, should you require
- Guaranteed shuttle service, based on the programme, so all participants can get around without difficulty whilst their classic car is safely parked up
- Satellite monitoring: all the vehicles are monitored constantly by our service centre in order to assure maximum safety for the crews
- Assistance: the organisers provide roadside assistance along the route, with a car providing “prompt assistance” with a car mechanic onboard to help, as well as a tow truck following on.
- Times: trial results will be published online as soon as they become available
34th tribute to the Stella Alpina
– Azimut Trophy
– Stella alpina trophy: cars built on or before 31-12-1957
– Cantine Ferrari Trophy: Ferrari vehicles
– Banca Galileo Trophy: Team Cup
Special Stella Alpina prizes for everyone
An international event like this is only possible thanks to the fundamental support of its sponsors, in particular Azimut Wealth Management, acknowledged by a challenging Trophy, Cantine Ferrari, the location for the checks and the awards ceremony, and Banca Galileo.